10 Oct 2018
Research article | 10 Oct 2018
Does the wind turbine wake follow the topography? A multi-lidar study in complex terrain
Robert Menke et al.
Total article views: 3,787 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 27 Mar 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 27 Mar 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,787 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,961 with geography defined and 826 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 3,109 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,342 with geography defined and 767 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 678 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 619 with geography defined and 59 with unknown origin.
26 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Multi-lidar wind resource mapping in complex terrain R. Menke et al. 10.5194/wes-5-1059-2020
- Grand challenges in the science of wind energy P. Veers et al. 10.1126/science.aau2027
- Snow-powered research on utility-scale wind turbine flows J. Hong & A. Abraham 10.1007/s10409-020-00934-7
- Characterization of flow recirculation zones at the Perdigão site using multi-lidar measurements R. Menke et al. 10.5194/acp-19-2713-2019
- Effects of atmospheric stability on the performance of a wind turbine located behind a three-dimensional hill L. Liu & R. Stevens 10.1016/j.renene.2021.05.035
- On the self-similarity of wind turbine wakes in a complex terrain using large eddy simulation A. Dar et al. 10.5194/wes-4-633-2019
- Towards accurate and practical drone-based wind measurements with an ultrasonic anemometer W. Thielicke et al. 10.5194/amt-14-1303-2021
- First identification and quantification of detached-tip vortices behind a wind energy converter using fixed-wing unmanned aircraft system M. Mauz et al. 10.5194/wes-4-451-2019
- Wind plants can impact long-term local atmospheric conditions N. Bodini et al. 10.1038/s41598-021-02089-2
- A novel two-dimensional entrainment wake model for wind turbine wakes N. Li et al. 10.1080/15435075.2021.1987916
- Effects of Two-Dimensional Steep Hills on the Performance of Wind Turbines and Wind Farms L. Liu & R. Stevens 10.1007/s10546-020-00522-z
- Investigation of the wake propagation behind wind turbines over hilly terrain with different slope gradients W. Tian et al. 10.1016/j.jweia.2021.104683
- Turbulence Measurements with Dual-Doppler Scanning Lidars A. Peña & J. Mann 10.3390/rs11202444
- Estimation of turbulence dissipation rate from Doppler wind lidars and in situ instrumentation for the Perdigão 2017 campaign N. Wildmann et al. 10.5194/amt-12-6401-2019
- Impact of Topographic Steps in the Wake and Power of a Wind Turbine: Part A—Statistics B. Zhang et al. 10.3390/en13236411
- Wind turbine wakes on escarpments: A wind-tunnel study A. Dar & F. Porté-Agel 10.1016/j.renene.2021.09.102
- Numerical simulation of wind turbine wake based on extended k‐epsilon turbulence model coupling with actuator disc considering nacelle and tower N. Li et al. 10.1049/iet-rpg.2020.0416
- Meso- to microscale modeling of atmospheric stability effects on wind turbine wake behavior in complex terrain A. Wise et al. 10.5194/wes-7-367-2022
- Monin–Obukhov Similarity Theory for Modeling of Wind Turbine Wakes under Atmospheric Stable Conditions: Breakdown and Modifications X. Han et al. 10.3390/app9204256
- Analysis of flow in complex terrain using multi-Doppler lidar retrievals T. Bell et al. 10.5194/amt-13-1357-2020
- The Influence of Slopes of Isolated Three-Dimensional Valleys on Near-Surface Turbulence S. Freitas et al. 10.1007/s10546-021-00648-8
- Long-range Doppler lidar measurements of wind turbine wakes and their interaction with turbulent atmospheric boundary-layer flow at Perdigao 2017 N. Wildmann et al. 10.1088/1742-6596/1618/3/032034
- Wind Farm Fault Detection by Monitoring Wind Speed in the Wake Region M. Tran et al. 10.3390/en13246559
- Coplanar lidar measurement of a single wind energy converter wake in distinct atmospheric stability regimes at the Perdigão 2017 experiment N. Wildmann et al. 10.1088/1742-6596/1037/5/052006
- Wind turbine wake measurements with automatically adjusting scanning trajectories in a multi-Doppler lidar setup N. Wildmann et al. 10.5194/amt-11-3801-2018
- Actuator Disc Approach of Wind Turbine Wake Simulation Considering Balance of Turbulence Kinetic Energy H. Ren et al. 10.3390/en12010016
Latest update: 27 Nov 2022