16 May 2018
Research article | 16 May 2018
Wind tunnel experiments on wind turbine wakes in yaw: redefining the wake width
Jannik Schottler et al.
Total article views: 3,883 (including HTML, PDF, and XML)Cumulative views and downloads (calculated since 08 Jan 2018)Views and downloads (calculated since 08 Jan 2018)
Viewed (geographical distribution)
Total article views: 3,104 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 3,073 with geography defined and 31 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 2,521 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 2,495 with geography defined and 26 with unknown origin.
Total article views: 583 (including HTML, PDF, and XML) Thereof 578 with geography defined and 5 with unknown origin.
28 citations as recorded by crossref.
- Modelling Yawed Wind Turbine Wakes: Extension of a Gaussian-Based Wake Model D. Wei et al. 10.3390/en14154494
- Modelling and assessing the near-wake representation and turbulence behaviour of control-oriented wake models P. Hulsman et al. 10.1088/1742-6596/1618/2/022056
- Wind tunnel study on power output and yaw moments for two yaw-controlled model wind turbines J. Bartl et al. 10.5194/wes-3-489-2018
- Wake impact on aerodynamic characteristics of horizontal axis wind turbine under yawed flow conditions H. Lee & D. Lee 10.1016/j.renene.2018.12.126
- Development of a curled wake of a yawed wind turbine under turbulent and sheared inflow P. Hulsman et al. 10.5194/wes-7-237-2022
- Further Study on the Effects of Wind Turbine Yaw Operation for Aiding Active Wake Management J. Dai et al. 10.3390/app10061978
- A Study of the Impact of Pitch Misalignment on Wind Turbine Performance D. Astolfi 10.3390/machines7010008
- Experimental investigation of wind turbine wake and load dynamics during yaw maneuvers S. Macrí et al. 10.5194/wes-6-585-2021
- Numerical study of the wake induced by a porous disk under deflected inflow S. Guezmir et al. 10.1002/htj.22491
- Towards a better understanding of yawed turbine wake for efficient wake steering in tidal arrays P. Modali et al. 10.1016/j.renene.2021.05.152
- An adaptation of the super-Gaussian wake model for yawed wind turbines F. Blondel et al. 10.1088/1742-6596/1618/6/062031
- Large-eddy simulation on the similarity between wakes of wind turbines with different yaw angles Z. Li & X. Yang 10.1017/jfm.2021.495
- Experimental study on the characteristics of wind turbine wake field considering yaw conditions X. Zhao et al. 10.1002/ese3.987
- Particle image velocimetry measurement of turbulent wake past circular cylinder at Reynolds numbers from 2.5·103 to 1.5·104 O. Sterly et al. 10.1051/matecconf/202134500030
- Wake Width: Discussion of Several Methods How to Estimate It by Using Measured Experimental Data D. Duda et al. 10.3390/en14154712
- Optimization of wind turbine yaw angles in a wind farm using a three-dimensional yawed wake model B. Dou et al. 10.1016/j.energy.2020.118415
- Analytical three‐dimensional wind flow model for real‐time wind farm simulation V. Kipke et al. 10.1049/iet-rpg.2020.0106
- Wind tunnel experiments on wind turbine wakes in yaw: effects of inflow turbulence and shear J. Bartl et al. 10.5194/wes-3-329-2018
- Parametric dependencies of the yawed wind‐turbine wake development E. Kleusberg et al. 10.1002/we.2395
- The curled wake model: a three-dimensional and extremely fast steady-state wake solver for wind plant flows L. Martínez-Tossas et al. 10.5194/wes-6-555-2021
- Blind test comparison on the wake behind a yawed wind turbine F. Mühle et al. 10.5194/wes-3-883-2018
- The Yawing Behavior of Horizontal-Axis Wind Turbines: A Numerical and Experimental Analysis F. Castellani et al. 10.3390/machines7010015
- Comparison of the turbulence in the wakes of an actuator disc and a model wind turbine by higher order statistics: A wind tunnel study I. Neunaber et al. 10.1016/j.renene.2021.08.002
- Distinct Turbulent Regions in the Wake of a Wind Turbine and Their Inflow-Dependent Locations: The Creation of a Wake Map I. Neunaber et al. 10.3390/en13205392
- Wind farm power optimization via yaw angle control: A wind tunnel study M. Bastankhah & F. Porté-Agel 10.1063/1.5077038
- Application of the Townsend–George theory for free shear flows to single and double wind turbine wakes – a wind tunnel study I. Neunaber et al. 10.5194/wes-7-201-2022
- Artificial Neural Network Based Reinforcement Learning for Wind Turbine Yaw Control A. Saenz-Aguirre et al. 10.3390/en12030436
- On the dynamics of a model wind turbine under passive tower oscillations B. Zhang et al. 10.1016/j.apenergy.2022.118608
Latest update: 28 Sep 2022